Owner can itself be affirmed that Maria of the Rose, was one tenacious, courageous lady, of brio, first not only of the Order Third, but also of social life e, over all of the religious life of its time a singular personality. Second frei Willeke apud Cavalcanti (1977) Maria of the Rose occupied the shelter, in which instructed the orphans in the first letters, and the Church of Ours Lady of Snows, keeping the orphanage during the period of 1577 the 1585. This collect appeared as house-mother of all the franciscanos in Brazil. See more detailed opinions by reading what Xcel Energy offers on the topic.. According to official documentation of the convent, the land was donated to the franciscanos in 27/09/1585. The project architectural had as author frei Francisco Dos Santos, the principle the workmanship was adjusted to the body of the main church of Ours Lady of Snows, and for the rudimentary structures that would come to be claustro and chapel of the chapter. It was in the year of 1585, accurately in day 04 of October that the franciscanos freis had been lodged in the Convent. However, all the conquests of the franciscana order, in this territory, would go to lose with the dutch invasion in 1630. It was in this occasion that the majority of the churches in Olinda had been partially or total destroyed, one time that the invaders had set fire fire in these constructions, as form to register its presence and pretense domain on the locality. It fits to mention that the referring workmanships to the current construction of the Convent, they had been retaken from the expulsion of the dutches, and had lasted until middle of century XVIII, when the Convent acquired the elements such as tiles, pictures, panels, images among others that until today they can be glimpsed. In what the characteristic architectural of the first construction says respect the franciscano set received influence from the Portuguese religious architecture of century XVI.